Hi guys, I've finally had enough of the stupid mouse jumping or what you call mouse teleporting with the Razer Naga Epic Chroma. I initially opened the mouse for checking why my wired is no longer functioning. But somehow I was able to fix the mouse jumping / teleporting issue.
List of My Mouse Issues
- Wired connection no longer functioning
- Wireless mode off, connected wired = Not detected or no lights on.
- Wireless mode turned on, connected wired = Not detected or no lights on
- Wireless mode on, disconnected wired = Fully functioning mouse.
- Mouse jumps or teleports randomly with great distance at least 1-3 seconds
- I remember it doesn't have that noise when I first bought it
Razer Support Response:
- The standard check it on other computer
- done and nothing
- Uninstall > Restart > Install > Restart routine = Nothing
- No repair offed
- No RMA since I bought it with the store agreement on No warranty (for lower pice) = GGWP
Anyway, today I got totally pissed and so bored that I took the mouse apart and check what's going on. I initially investigated the wired issue that I had. But, it looks like that the circuit board is intact and it's probably a circuitry piece after the connector is busted since turning on Wireless Mode and connecting the Wire seems functioning. I mean the wireless mode turned on is detecting the Wire connected. I'm not really a hardware girl but I wasn't able to remove the mouse wheel and the circuit board from the base of the mouse so, I'll never know.
The noisy piece inside my mouse fell off and it looks like some part of the mouse casing. It really doesn't seem important since I wiggled the circuit board trying to remove the mouse wheel and the entire thing was intact. Anyway, I gave up on the wired mode and tested the wireless mode mouse jumps / teleporting issue with that debris and it seemed working now. My wireless mode fucking mmo mouse doesn't seem to jump anymore. It looks like it buys me time to hold off in switching to Corsair peripherals for now! Cheers!
How To Open the Mouse
- Remove rubbers on the feet to see the 4 screws and then unscrew them
- Pull up the left and right click until the 3 top pieces are separated
- Do Not fully pull them since they are connected with wires
- Carefully, pull out the wires on it's base from the connectors
- Remember where they are connected
- You can now clean the insides or ravage them for fun
So basically, it worked! Yay! I've enjoyed the cleaning so much! But! Halfway through writing this blog post, I the issue became so much worse! OMG! FU Razer! I'm totally switching sides now! GGWP!
As I went through the net, I found that the issue is present when battery is below 70% and some had their fix with making the LED lights setting to Bright. Well, that's how it is. This sucks!! Repaired Nothing! GG! Noob! zzzzz
- As I suspected it's a software issue. I deleted the profiles I originally had for the mouse. All of profiles deleted. Seems to be working fine.
- I will try to recreate the profiles and see what will happen.
- OK that fixed everything.. so far! YAY! ggwp!